These 3rd-grade lesson plans include everything you need to teach the third-grade NGSS 3-LS1, 3-LS2, 3-LS3, and 3-LS4 Life Science standards.
What others are saying about our science units:
“Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!”
“This is a great resource and very well organized!”
“Love how well this aligns with NGSS!”
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 – Organisms Have Unique Life Cycles
Lesson 2 – Some Animals Live in Groups
Lesson 3 – What are Inherited Traits?
Lesson 4 – Different Types of Environments for Different Types of Animals
Lesson 5 – Animals Adaptations
Lesson 6 – Plant Adaptations
Lesson 7 – Will This Organism Survive Here?
Lesson 8 – Forest Fires Can Be Beneficial
Lesson 9 – What Do Fossils Tell Us?
✅Please make sure that you have access to YouTube before purchasing this unit.
Included within this resource are:
– the standards
– suggested YouTube Videos and Books
– Biologist Poster
– What is an Organism? Poster
* KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
– student worksheets for recording information
*Metamorphosis of a Frog Posters
– Self-Assessment for a group project
– 6 Reading Passages about Animals that Live in Groups
– Task Cards of different groups of animals for students to observe inherited traits from
– Task Cards for “Does this Organism Live Here?” Activity
– Habitat Photographs
* 5 Ecosystems Reading Passages
* 6 Animal Adaptations Reading Passages
* 5 Plant Adaptations Reading Passages
– Fossils Reading and Research Activity
– Fossils Posters
– 27 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions