These 2nd-grade lesson plans include everything you need to teach the 2nd-grade NGSS 2-LS2 Ecosystems and Interactions Energy and Dynamics and 2-LS4 Biological Evolution Unity and Diversity.
What others are saying about our science units:
“Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!”
“This is a great resource and very well organized!”
“Love how well this aligns with NGSS!”
Lessons in this unit:
✅Please note: You will need access to YouTube as there are many suggestions for videos in these lessons.
Lesson 1 – What are the Needs of All Living Things?
Lesson 2 – Do Plants Need to Have Water and Sunlight to Grow?
Lesson 3 – What is a Habitat?
Lesson 4 – Observing Plants and Animals in Different Habitats to Compare Their
Lesson 5 – What is Seed Dispersal and How are Seeds Dispersed?
Lesson 6 – What is Pollination and What Animals Help with Pollination?
Lesson 7 – STEM Challenge: Create a Model the Mimics the Function of an Animal
Dispersing Seeds or Pollinating Plants
Included within this resource are:
– the standards
– suggested YouTube Videos and Books
– Biologist Poster
– KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
– student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
– Living Things Poster
– Plant reinforcement readings and worksheets
– Habitat Posters with real pictures
– “My Habitats” Booklet
– “Mini Habitats” Posters (tree, rotting log, stream, and pond)
– Task cards for reading about 4 different plants and 4 different animals in each of
6 different habitats
– Habitat compare/contrast activity
– Plant Life Cycle sheet
– Seed Experiment
– Seed Dispersal Experiment
– Seed picture cards
– Meet Some Plant Pollinators reading passages and questions
– Engineering and design process posters
– Instructions for a STEM Challenge
– 15 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions