Save lots of time and energy! All the ideas you need to teach Kindergarten NGSS -ESS3 are included in these six engaging kindergarten lesson plans.
Lesson #1 What is a Habitat?
Lesson #2 What Habitat Do I Live In?
Lesson #3 Create a Habitat STEM Challenge
Lesson #4 Natural or Man-made
Lesson #5 Taking Care of Our Habitat
Lesson #6 Making New Objects by Using Old Things
Included within the unit are:
– The Standards and Materials needed pages (all inexpensive, practical suggestions)
– Detailed Lesson Plans
– Essential Vocabulary Cards (14 words)
– Habitat Passage for teacher to read to the class
– Mini Posters for the following habitats: arctic, desert, forest, ocean, and wetlands
(these include a photograph of the habitat and a short description)
– Sorting Cards with plants and animals from different habitats
– Habitats Mini-Booklet
– Habitat Riddle Cards
– STEM Challenge Create a Habitat
– Natural or Man-made Passage for the teacher to read to the class
– Natural or Man-made Board Game
– Helping Earth Mini-Booklet
– Directions for Making Rainbow Crayons and Puzzles by Reusing Materials
– Engineering and Design Process Posters
-Suggestions for Books to Read
-Suggestions for YouTube Videos
*It should be noted that weather is not covered in this unit as it is addressed in the
Earth’s Systems Unit.