This fourth grade science curriculum includes everything you need to teach the fourth-grade NGSS 4-PS3 Energy Unit and the 4-PS4 Waves and Their Applications in Technologies for Energy Transfer standards.
Lessons in these units:
Lesson 1 – What is Energy?
Lesson 2 – Speed and Energy
Lesson 3 – Sound Energy
Lesson 4 – Light Energy
Lesson 5 – Heat Energy
Lesson 6 – Electrical Energy
Lesson 7 – What Happens When Objects Collide?
Lesson 8 – STEM Challenge – Have S’more Fun: Creating a Solar Oven
Lesson 1 – What is Amplitude?
Lesson 2- Eyes and Light
Lesson 2 – STEM Challenge Using Morse Code
✅Please make sure that you have access to YouTube before purchasing this unit.
Included within this resource are:
– the standards
– suggested YouTube Videos and Books
– Physicist Poster
* KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
– Energy WebQuest
– Energy Experiments
– Energy Transfer Poster
– student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
– Investigations for Motion, Energy Transfer, Sound, and Light Energy
– Posters for Heat, Light, Sound, and Electrical Energy
– Methods of Heat Transfer Flipbook
– Sorting Cards of Conduction, Convection, and Radiation
* Static Electricity Experiments
– Potential and Kinetic Energy Poster
– Atom and Electricity Poster
* Engineering and Design Process Posters
* Engineering and Design Rubric
– Make a Wave Task Cards
– How the Ear Works and How the Eye Works Posters
– Light Station Cards
– Make a Model of a Seeing Eye Task Cards
– STEM Challenge Create a Pattern that will Transfer a Message Using Sound and Light
– 19 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions
* Indicates other STEM to STEAM TRIO resources that have been included in this unit.