These 1st-grade science lesson plans include everything you need to teach the first-grade NGSS 1-PS4 Waves and their Applications in Technology for Information Transfer. Students will learn all about heat, light, and sound energy in a fun and engaging way. Why not make your life easier and give it a try!
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 – What is Sound?
Lesson 2 – Sound Vibrations
Lesson 3 – What is Light?
Lesson 5 – Shadows
Lesson 6 – Opaque, Translucent, and Transparent
Lesson 7 – Design a Device That Will Communicate From One Tent to Another Tent
Included within this resource are:
– the standards
– sound and light energy mini posters
– sound and light energy mini booklets
– loud sounds/soft sounds posters
– student worksheets
– suggested YouTubes and books
– directions for making a kazoo and stringed instrument
– poster on how the ear works
– natural and man-made light sorting activity
– shadow investigation
– transparent, translucent, and opaque investigation
– engineering and design process posters
– 19 essential vocabulary cards