This 5th-grade science resource includes everything you need to teach the fifth-grade NGSS Earth’s Systems and Earth and Human Activity standards! Students will learn about the geosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere, and atmosphere. They will learn about how the spheres interact with each other. Then they will learn about the impact that people are having on the environment.
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 – What is the Geosphere?
Lesson 2 – What is the Biosphere?
Lesson 3 – What is the Hydrosphere?
Lesson 4 – What is the Atmosphere?
Lesson 5 – Interactions Among the Four Spheres
Lesson 6 – Making a Model that Shows the Interaction Between Two of the Spheres
Lesson 7 – How Does Human Activity Affect the Environment?
Lesson 8 – What are People Doing to Try to Protect Our Environment/
✅Please make sure that you have access to YouTube before purchasing this unit.
Included within this resource are:
– the standards
– tips and suggestions
– suggested YouTube Videos and books
– Environmental Scientist Poster
– Posters of the Hydrosphere and a Glacier
– “I can” statement cards
– Short Readings about Each of the Spheres
– Reading Passages about Agriculture and Industry
– Graphic Organizers
– Task Cards of Different Environmental Issues (to give students options for research)
– Final Project Guidelines and Rubrics
– 9 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions