This 5th-grade science resource includes everything you need to teach the fifth-grade NGSS Earth’s Place in the Universe standards! Students will learn about the brightness of the stars; including the sun. They will learn about the stars, seasonal changes, the effect on day and night, and shadows.
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 – What Do We Know About the Stars?
Lesson 2 – Learning About Specific Stars
Lesson 3 – How Big is the Sun in Relation to the Planets?
Lesson 4 – Writing a Claim
Lesson 5 – The Sun’s Shadows
Lesson 6 – The Earth’s Rotation and Revolution
(Patterns of Day and Night and Seasons)
Lesson 7 – Stars and Constellations
Lesson 8 – Seasonal Appearances of Stars and the Night Sky
✅Please make sure that you have access to YouTube before purchasing this unit.
Included within this resource are:
– the standards
– tips and suggestions
– suggested YouTube Videos and books
– Age Appropriate Website Suggestions for Data Collection
– Astronomer Poster
– 4 Night Sky Posters
– The Big Dipper, Star Trails, Solar System, and Star Life Cycle Posters
– “I can” statement cards
– Short Reading Passage about Stars
– Star Task Cards and Answer Keys
– Light Experiment
– Making a Model of the Solar System Instructions
– Data Collection Sheets for Sunrise and Sunset
– Final Project Guidelines and Rubrics
– 9 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definitions