These second-grade lesson plans include everything you need to teach the second-grade NGSS 2-PS1 Matter and its Interactions.
What others are saying about our science units:
“Brilliant and comprehensive resource! Thank you!”
“This is a great resource and very well organized!”
“Love how well this aligns with NGSS!”
✅Please make sure you have access to YouTube. There are many suggested videos.
Lessons in this unit:
Lesson 1 – What is Matter?
Lesson 2 – The Three States of Matter and Introduction to Properties of Matter
Lesson 3 – More Properties of Matter: Liquids and Gases
Lesson 4 – Solids, Liquids, and Gases Review
Lesson 5 – Examining Different Materials
Lesson 6 – What is Mass?
Lesson 7 – Testing for Absorbency
Lesson 8 – Changing States of Matter
Lesson 9 – A Small Set of Objects Can Be Disassembled and Made into a New Object
Lesson 10 – STEM Challenge: Which Material Works the Best for Making the Tallest
Included within this resource are:
– the standards
– suggested YouTube Videos and Books
– Materials Scientist Poster
– KLEWS Chart (KWL for Science)
– What is Matter Poster Set
– Matter Booklet for Students
– student worksheets for collecting data and recording observations
– three science experiments
– Materials sorting cards and headers
– Physical and Chemical Changes poster and sorting cards
– engineering and design process posters
– 27 colorful essential vocabulary cards with graphics and definition